My Jade Alexa Skill for Diabetes
The ‘My Jade’ skill for Alexa allows you to easily interact with Jade and your Jade data.
You can also create short cuts to make it easier to start Jade – see below.
World’s first insulin dosing skill! Ask My Jade to dose for blood sugars, carbs or both. If you log factors such as exercise prior to the dose, these will also be taken into account.
Find out your current blood sugars from Dexcom, NightScout, FreeStyle Libre 2, FreeStyle Libre 1 (via LinkBluCon and MiaoMiao) or from predictions, find out if the trajectory of your blood sugars looks safe or not.
Add logs of many different kinds, include blood sugars, carbohydrates, insulin, exercise, A1Cs, blood pressure and more.
You can also ask about active insulin.
You will be amazed by what you can ask Alexa!
Hey Alexa, tell My Jade….
- …I am 230 …bgl 9.6 (depending on BGL units)
- …I’m having a low …I’m having a hypo …I feel high
- …to add 10 grams …to log 30.5 carbs
- …to add 5 units insulin …to add 4.8 units humalog …bolus 10 units
- …to log 30 minutes exercise …to add 1.5 hours exercise
- …to add a1c 6.8
- …to add blood pressure 120 over 80
- …to log 1 hour of skiing
Hey Alexa, ask My Jade….
- …for my latest reading …my sugars
- …for active insulin …for insulin on board
- …to undo last log
- …can you repeat that?
You can also try lots of variations on these.
(Dosing) Hey Alexa, ask My Jade to …
- …to dose for 30 grams
- …to dose for blood glucose of 15.2
- …to dose for 30 grams and blood sugar of 200
Short cuts to starting My Jade with Alexa
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap “more” in the lower right corner and tap “routines”
- Tap the plus button at the top right to create a new routine.
- Enter a routine name (I used “Jade”)
- Tap “when this happens”, then tap “voice” and add your custom phrase (I used “Jade”)
- Tap “add action” then tap “skills”
- Tap Your Skills, then tap “My Jade by Jade Diabetes”. Then tap “next” upper right to confirm
- Tap “save”
You can tell it which Alexa device it will respond to. I have it set to “any device I speak to”, the very top one.
I found that the “name” you give it can be different than it’s command phrase. For simplicity I just used “Jade” for both.
This can be very helpful if someone in your home finds you unresponsive and doesn’t know how to check your pump or meter. All they have to do is say, “Alexa Jade” and it will read your most current glucose. Also helpful if you have Alexa Echo Auto and use it in your car. As you’re driving, just say “Alexa Jade” and without taking your eyes off the road or your hands off the wheel, you can get your readings.
Alexa My Jade for Jade Diabetes Suggestions?
If you have suggestions for more utterances you’d like My Sugar for Alexa to handle, please let us know!