Thank you for choosing Jade to help you gain better control of your diabetes. Whether you use twice-daily (BD), three times daily (TDS), multiply daily injections (MDI), have an insulin pump or are taking a pump ‘holiday’, we believe that the combination of state-of-the-art prediction and dose calculations, and ease of use will provide many benefits.
Jade is designed to provide calculations supporting the manual delivery of insulin, at set and variable ratios, for the management of diabetes mellitus in persons requiring insulin. Based on your personal settings, Jade calculates doses and predicts your blood sugars, so it is very important that Jade is set up correctly.
We strongly recommend that you work closely with your Health Care Professional for a safe and complete start with Jade.
Jade runs on any web browser on a PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod or Android smart phone or tablet.
Currently, Jade requires an active data connection for it to calculate doses, track insulin on board, log data and calculate predictions. You must pay for any data transferred.
Jade is not intended for people who are unwilling or unable to perform a minimum of four (4) blood glucose tests per day and to maintain contact with their healthcare professional. Successful intensive insulin therapy requires sufficient vision or hearing to allow recognition of Jade alarms and alerts.
- Only drugs/medication that have been prescribed by your physician should be calculated by Jade.
- Consult your Health Care Professional to assist you with setting up Jade, especially if you are not familiar with the terms ‘Correction Ratio’ or ‘Carbohydrate Ratio’. Considering undertaking a carb-counting or DAFNE course to familiarise yourself with the terminology used and the intensive insulin management approach.
- Get your Basal Rate settings from your Health Care Professional
- If you inject insulin without entering it into Jade at the correct time, the dose calculator cannot determine the active insulin in your system. You can back-date insulin entries prior to using the dose calculator, or wait a period of time equal to your Active Insulin time.
- If you inject insulin, eat food or perform a blood test without entering it into Jade at the correct time, Jade’s predictions will not work. You can back-date entries if required.
- Avoid exposing your phone/tablet to temperatures above 42º C (108º F) or below 1º C (34º F).
- Jade can warn of dose calculation that exceed a Maximum dose, specified by the user. Please use this setting.