Quick OverviewUSER MANUAL
The main dashboard shows a predicted blood sugar chart and summary statistics (Log Summary). The greeny/yellow line shows the predicted blood sugar, and the dotted line with the time on it shows what is happening now. Stuff to the right of this is the future, and stuff to the left is in the past.
- Green dots are actual blood tests – press them for details
- Orange dots are coach suggestions, for differences between predicted and actual blood test – press for details
- Red dots are warning of future highs or lows – press for times and more info
The chart can be swiped left or right to go back in time or forward in time.
To log something, press [Add] below the Log Summary.
To edit a previous log, review logs or run Reports, press the > to the right of the Log Summary. You can also find the Health Coach and Points here (in earlier versions, under Settings).
To check if setup is complete, press your photo or the blank photo at top left.
To access Settings, press the gear icon at top right.
- To see what your BGL is doing now and for the next 3 hours, click on Charts. This is the main screen. Coaching elements – dotted blue rectangles, show differences between predictions and actual BGLs. When you hover your mouse over them, they indicate how the difference was caused, and what ratios should change. When you change your ratios to align the predictions with the actual BGLs, Jade’s Calculator and charts will be even more accurate.
- To calculate a dose using BGL, Carbs or both, use the Calculator (note – setup your insulin and carb ratios first)
- To get insulin dose and other coaching tips, click Coach
- To add Logs for BGL, Carbs and multiple Insulins at the same time with no Calculator, use
- To add a BGL, Insulin dose or Carbs, just click the button above
- To back-date a log, or edit an existing one, click Logs. The logs screen supports in-line editing
- Share your results with your Health Care Professional(s) and carers such as parents or children
- Change Settings
- To set your target BGL, edit your Target BGL settings
- Add Emergency contact details
- Change person switches between family members and others (or just click the mug shot in the header, in the top left corner)
- Add other medication
- Three levels of exercise
- Weight and Height
How to use Jade
Use JadeDiabetes.com ‘just like a pump’, entering in BGLs as you take them, and Carbs and Insulin as you have them – preferably using the Calculator to calculate the dose as it also take active insulin (Insulin On Board or IOB) into account. Adjust the dose if necessary. The Calculator takes into account your BGL target in 3* hours time (*-depending on your active insulin time).
These screens are the quickest way to enter data, as they do not require you to enter the time – it is assumed you are entering the data ‘as it happens’. If you have to enter data after the events actually happen, use the logs screen.
Each day, look at the coaching elements that Jade places on your charts, and adjust your ratios in the direction suggested.
For New Users
- Calculating Your Carbohydrate Ratio
- Calculating Correction Ratio
- New! Import Sample Data
- Resources – diabetes terms, treatment options, sickness info etc
- Scenarios – what happens if I….?
- The Split view allows you to change settings and immediately see the change on your charts (best viewed on a desktop)
- More fine-tuning